“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

First night!

So yesterday was a pretty interesting day! While I was in the Toronto
airport, I met this guy named John and his father who were also
traveling to Halifax because John is doing SAS too! :) Since I was
traveling alone, they offered for me to just hang out with them-much
appreciated because of what happened later! And they rented a car, so I
didn't have to try to figure out the shuttle to get to the hotel!

While at the hotel, trying to check in, my hotel room mates forgot to
change the reservation because I decided to room with them after they
made it. Well, the hotel won't let me check in, nor give me the room
number, so I was stuck for a while. John and his dad allowed me to put
my stuff down in their room, and then go to eat with them while I waited
for Colleen or Danielle to fix this issue.

Then John, his dad, Colleen, her mom, and I all went down and walked the
Harbor and took some awesome pictures-it was such a great night, both
weather and in general! Now we're off to look at the ship which just
got into port!

No comments:

Post a Comment