“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Rest of Uruguay!

11.21.12

Sooo I definitely forget to talk about the rest of Montevideo, I was so
caught up in mine and Amy's rock story! haha.

Well the first day I wasn't feeling that great,but I had an open ship.
I helped lead a tour of the MV Explorer to a really nice couple who live
in Montevideo. They were awesome and wrote down several things that we
should go do while our stay in Uruguay. I'm still in contact with
Sarah-Jane because her one of her sons is looking at the University of
Virginia for college, and she is looking into seeing if he can attend
Semester at Sea!!! After the open ship tour, we basically just walked
around. In one of the main squares, we saw a TV show that was filming!
It was a Uruguayan soap opera apparently lol. Then we saw this street
performer who was a cellist! We stopped to watch, and he even let me
play a little! (but of course, I forgot just about everything when I was
put on the spot!) I tried to go back and find him another day after I
found some of my old music online, but I was not able to see him again. :/

The next day we all went to Punta de Este- one of the prettiest beaches
in the area! It was a couple hours away, but it was worth it. There is
this giant hand that was sticking out of the sand, and Jared, Amy, and I
all took pictures of it...Jared climbed a finger and jumped off-that
picture looks pretty great! Then we met up with Colleen and Danielle,
and more SAS students. We realized that there were tons of jellyfish
there-but don't worry, they didn't sting!! So naturally, we made a game
out of trying to catch them...I succeeded in catching a couple and let
Colleen hold it next...Danielle kept freaking out about it at first, but
finally held it. Then I convinced Amy to touch it, and when she did, I
tossed it on her! ahahahaha. She flipped out, but it was so funny!
Needless to say, she didn't trust me much the rest of the day lol.

The last day was much like the first, just kinda walking around, but it
was fun! I'm not sure I would go back there, but I definitely had a
great time!

I also don't think I'll ever be caught up with my blog! I'll talk about
everything that happened this week after my time in Manaus, but then
I'll have to write about that too! eep! Either way, hope everyone is
ready for the Shipboard Drive Week!!! It has been the most fun/stressful
week of my entire voyage, but I wouldn't trade it for a minute!!

SH

No comments:

Post a Comment