“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Paris-Day Two (Finally)

9.22.12

Hey everyone! So I'm finally updating my blog! Sorry it took forever!
I actually have a little bit of time right now. (Not really because I'm
waiting for class to start and then I have 2 meetings and an ice cream
social with my extended family!) But I know I need to update my blog for
everyone so maybe one more tonight and something tomorrow night!

The second day of Paris was pretty great. It didn't really rain until
that night, which was nice while we were all walking around outside. We
started the day off with breakfast in front of Notre Dame. The
breakfast view was amazing, and we hopped onto a walking tour group for
a bit afterwards, and listened to all the Notre Dame facts. Going into
the cathedral was absolutely stunning. There was a lot of stain glass,
which lit up in an awe-inspiring way. There seemed to be a service that
was about to begin as well. I saw a sign that said in 2013, Notre Dame
will have its 850th birthday! :)

We then went to the Eiffel Tower. Danielle and Amy decided to wait in
line while Colleen and I went to the Louvre. (The line for the Eiffel
Tower was extremely long).

The Louvre was quite interesting. I'm not too much of a fan of a lot of
art, and I know all my art friends (along with my dad, for that matter)
are going to kill me for saying this...but Colleen and I spent about 2
hours total going from the Eiffel Tower, to the Louvre, through the
Louvre, and back to the Eiffel Tower haha. We saw the Mona Lisa, the
Colossal Statue of Ramses II, got lost in a Medieval Moat, and more
while there! Colleen and I realized that if we saw the 3 main pieces of
art we wanted to see, and would see just about everything else while
looking for the Exit, which I learned in French is Sortie. I was
wearing my NKU shirt I got on a Black and Gold day, which said "Tour
Guide" on the back...I almost took my jacket off to see how many people
would potentially follow me around. haha!

Then when we got back to the Eiffel Tower, we realized that Danielle and
Amy had gone up in the tower already, because you can't buy tickets
ahead of time...basically you stand in line and then you go up. So the
four of us went to see the Arc de Triumph, though we didn't go up in it,
as well as visiting the Pantheon. Afterwards, Danielle and Amy went
back to the hostel, while Colleen and I headed to the Eiffel Tower.

Like the London Eye, the Eiffel Tower at night was gorgeous. Every
hour, on the hour, the tower would sparkle like a sparkler on the Fourth
of July! Don't worry, I have pictures, which I can hopefully upload in
Spain! The view was absolutely gorgeous. Cities are so pretty when all
lit up at night, and I enjoyed comparing London to Paris at night. I
wish we could have gone to a few more places, but I'll just have to go back!

Hopefully later tonight I'll be updating about Amsterdam! :)
SH

No comments:

Post a Comment