“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

Friday, September 7, 2012

Ireland (Dublin!)

Hey everyone, sorry that this has taken forever to write (I've been
crazy busy since we only had one day between Ireland and England! And
the hostel we are staying in doesn't have free wifi, along with the fact
the little cafe we sit in to get the wifi doesn't work all the time :/

Anyway, Dublin! It was pretty fun! I got to eat at Captain America's
Bar and Grill! (I've been waiting about a year to do that! :D ) I took
a ton of pictures, and splurged by getting this really amazing oreo
drink thing. That day we basically walked around Grafton Street, and
just shopped (we spotted the Disney store from about 2 blocks away haha).

The next day, Danielle and I went to the National Leprechaun Museum!! It
was so cute, and not at all what I expected! It was pretty much like a
story we walked through-we went through a magic tunnel that made us grow
into giants (like Alice and Wonderland!), and also walked through their
version of The Giant's Causeway. We made our way to the Giant's room,
and there the furniture was so large, that we felt like the size of
Leprechauns! (Pictures to come, promise!) We also learned about
faeries and great heroes, and at the end of our tour, our guide made us
draw pictures for the gallery (even the adults! haha)

That's about it for Ireland, we didn't get to do too much in Dublin, but
that's alright, because I loved every bit of Galway! I'll admit I had
chicken more in Ireland than I expected, but the food was great!

I'll be posting soon about England!!

SH

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like fun! Did you run into any Notre Dame fanatics in Dublin? Btw, don't forget to date your posts, all the blog does is time stamp them.

    ~Dad

    ReplyDelete