“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Hoping for another Red October!

10.13.12

I finally have enough time to talk to everyone for a little bit, and I
don't know what I want to say! There are too many things, and I want to
space it out so that I don't post more than once or twice a day! (That
way everyone doesn't get too overwhelmed!) :)

Honestly, the thing that's most on my mind right now? Baseball. My dad
has been keeping me updated recently (thanks dad!) and it's a big deal
aboard the ship. I can't tell you how many people have either a) been
coming up to me asking if I've heard what happened (like with
yesterday's game!!!), or b) that they now want the Cards to take the
title again, either due to hatred of the Giants (love the Dogers fans on
the ship haha) or because of how crazy this entire post season has been!

There's one person on the ship, Ben (a Yankees fan), and today we ran
into each other...the first words? Congratulations and did you hear
what happened?!

I'm going to be getting a lot of use out of my two Cards shirts, along
with my only Cards hoodie haha. I'm crossing my fingers for another Red
October! Maybe the Rally Squirrel will make a comeback as well lol. I
also kinda want it to be the Cards and the Tigers in the WS...round 2,
six years later!

Anyway, tonight I'm eating dinner with my extended family, so I'm pretty
excited about that! Tomorrow I'll post about Mt. Teide! If I space it
right, I'll only have to do one blog a day between now and South Africa :)

Anyway, off to eat dinner!
SH

No comments:

Post a Comment