“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Alumni Ball!

12.5.12

I can't wait to share this moment with everyone! It took us a long time
to set up and get ready, but the ball was definitely worth it! I got to
eat at the later dinner, with Dean John, Dean LaVahn and his wife too!
I told DJ that I wanted to sit next to him when I found out I was eating
there (it was won in the auction, and that person got to pick 12 of
their friends! Megan Drew won it), and to my surprise, he remembered!
He called me the "Lady of the Night" since the waiters were serving me
first (Dean John was the center head of the table). I had so much fun
there, and it was a great time! We both had masks painted on as well,
so we got some great pictures! (Thanks Dawn for doing that for us!)

The dance was just as great! The deans got their dances first (again,
someone could win the first dance with x dean in the auction!) and they
were pretty great...Dean LaVahn's wife won the bid to get a first dance
with him, awww...! Kai got to dance with Dean John, and it was
absolutely hysterical! So was Ali's dance with Dean Lisa! Well the
music was great too, thanks to the DJ's of the night: Patrick and
Sean! I don't know why, but this voyage has a slight obsession with
both The Wobble and The Electric Slide! Both great dances haha. The
music was awesome, and all of us were disappointed when we had to call
it a night. However, the decorations went great, the people were just
as amazing, and the food/music was perfect! It was definitely one of
the most fun nights here on the ship, and a great way to conclude our
voyage! I can't believe we're going to be home in just a few days!
I'll write more tomorrow :)

SH

No comments:

Post a Comment